- Welcome to the Maracatu Drum Set course!
- Chapter #1 - Feet Coordination
- Chapter #2 Hand + Feet Coordination - Marcação
- Chapter #3 Hand + Feet Coordination - Imalê
- Chapter #4 Hand + Feet Coordination - Arrasto
- Chapter #5 Hand + Feet Coordination - Maraca-Mambo
- Chapter #6 Roll Variations
- Chapter #7 Right Hand Distribution around the Kit
Welcome to the Maracatu for Drumset course.
If you’re a drummer just starting to play maracatu on the kit or to bring your drumming to the next level while learning a rhythm from Brazil, this is a great place to start.
In this course we’ll learn to orchestrate many of the maracatu rhythms to the drum set while we explore different swing feels, sticking patterns and variations. We’ll accomplish complicated hand foot coordination exercises and learn over 30 new grooves. We’ll also develop our own original ideas by morphing maracatu with rhythms from New Orleans.
A lot of this material comes from my book Maracatu for Drumset and Percussion and is designed to challenge drummers of all levels. This course follows a lot of the material from mystery book “Maracatu For Drum Set & Percussion” which is available at all online outlets including here.